Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Not a Slave to Style

In my junk mailbox in my email account was an email from a food magazine I recently signed up for with the headline, "Fit Back Into Your Skinny Jeans!"  Why on earth would I want to wear skinny jeans? I'm almost thirty-six years old with four children, for crying out loud!  Skinny jeans are just a fad for teenagers--albeit skinny ones (seeing heavy people in skinny jeans is about as flattering as seeing them in Lycra).  Regardless of who does or does not wear them, they are a fashion fad that really ought to just go away.  I mean, seriously.  If one's pants are so tight that one has to lay down on a flat surface in order to button the things, perhaps better judgment ought to be exercised with regard to one's clothing options. 

I have never been a slave to style.  Well, I guess there were those couple years in high school when I tight-rolled my jeans, and there was that one pair of Guess! jeans that I bought in college.  But since I purchased the latter at a factory outlet store and they fit me better than any other pair of jeans I've ever owned, I'm not counting that one.

Style, for me, is whatever is comfortable.  I own--and wear--things that I'm sure are not necessarily the most flattering styles for me, but if they are pretty and comfortable to me, then I'm satisfied.  There is just no way you can convince me that skinny jeans are comfortable.  So, instead of being that slave to style, I prefer to be an Original.

No comments:

Post a Comment