Monday, May 23, 2011

More Substitutions

I had tried some Splenda sweetener in my hot tea last week and found that it....fizzed.  Hmmm.  I'm not entirely positive, but I don't think tea is supposed to fizz.  My mom recommended that I try Truvia, so I picked some up at the store yesterday (yikes! $5 for a little jar).  With the Splenda, you are supposed to use equal amounts to what sugar your recipe calls for, so I assumed it would be the same with the Truvia. I couldn't have been more wrong.  As I normally put in 3 spoonfuls of sugar in my tea, I added 3 spoonfuls of Truvia and was delighted that it did not fizz.  Yay!  Until I took a sip.  Whoa, Mama!  Apparently, considerably less is more with regard to the Truvia.  A spoonful will much more than suffice.  I guess that $5 jar might just last longer than I thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment