Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Weight Loss Goal, Take 2

Back in June, I actually met my first weight loss goal of 20 lbs lost by August 30 (today). However, because I was not following the program I'd established for myself during the entire month of July and, quite frankly, through most of August as well, I'd lost some ground and gained back a portion of that weight. Last week, I was only within 1 pound of reaching that goal anew. However, after eating out several times last week, I stepped on the scale today and had not lost any weight. I'm thankful I didn't gain, but the fact remains that I still missed my deadline.

I was very disappointed about it. And then my wonderful, supportive husband reminded me how proud he is of me and my 19 lb weight loss achievement. My personal cheerleader encouraged me not to look at what I didn't accomplish but what I did accomplish. 19 lbs of weight? Gone. The 200's? Outta here. It is rather wonderful to  continually see that scale register a weight in the 100s. And that number will only get smaller as the weeks go by.

So I'm going to shake this one off and focus on meeting my next weight loss goal, which is a total of 42 lbs lost by December 30.

For last week:

(1) Logged in at MFP every day.
(2) Exercised 3 out of 7 days.
(3) 0 pounds lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment