Saturday, September 19, 2009

Week 6

At this point I'm planning on setting aside some extra $$ for the pot--and I'm getting pretty disgusted with myself! Why can't I stick to a schedule and follow through?? Why am I so perpetually LAZY all the time?! Argh! I'm getting really frustrated by my indifference to my own health. What is wrong with me? Seriously. Well, maybe some righteous anger will finally be enough to propel my hiney off the couch. The one day this week I actually completed my schedule I felt TERRIFIC! By 7:30 AM I'd had my devotions and did my walking DVD. I took a shower, actually making sure to wipe down the shower walls with a squeegee when I was finished so that more icky gunk would not build up on top of the icky gunk already cemented to the shower walls. I was on top of the day's load of laundry instead of letting it fester in the washing machine or being completely useless in the dryer forcing my children to yell for some clean underwear and me yelling back at them to just keep on the same pair. (Shocking, isn't it?) I lovingly fluffed and prettified my house. I prepared a reasonably healthy dinner for my family and ripped my shoulder muscles clean off my body on the Total Gym (well, at least that's what it felt like afterwards). By the time my head hit the pillow at the end of the day, I felt GOOD. So why do I blissfully ignore that feeling each day, that feeling of accomplishment and self-control (something I obviously lack or else I wouldn't be blogging about this topic right now)? I'm going to have to do some thinking about this and try to figure it all out, but not tonight. Please keep praying for me and encouraging me--those words of encouragement mean so much to me!

And since I promised to keep it real, here's the week's record-- 4 out of 7 days of devotional study, 1 out of 2 days of Total gym and 2 out of 4 days of walking DVD. Sigh. I hope to have some better results next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment