Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Surprising Weigh-In

So the last time I've weighed in was shortly before Thanksgiving, using our Wii (I always hate doing it that way, as the horrified "Oh!" from the machine when I step on the Wii Fit Board is obnoxious. Plus, there's the added joy of watching your little Mii character rapidly inflate like a balloon right before my eyes).

When it came time for setting my fitness goals for this year, therefore, I didn't have an accurate weight to base my calculations off of. I just assumed I'd put on a ton of weight over Christmas, increasing the amount I'd need to lose to reach my goal (of 125--I'm not going by the Wii's suggestion of 116. I'm a mom of four who is shortly to turn 40 years old. I don't need to try and kill myself to reach 116 pounds. If I can't be happy at 125, I have bigger fish to fry than 9 extra pounds).

Out of curiosity, and mainly because the first mini goal I'd set for myself of losing 25 lbs by March 31 is rapidly approaching, I drug out the Wii and weighed in. Shockingly, today's weight was 202. Less than I weighed when we arrived back in the States in June, 6 lbs less than I weighed in November, and far less than I'd imagined it would be today. So, either I've lost a bunch of weight without even really trying, or I hadn't gained as much as I'd thought at Christmas time.

Which means I only have 77 lbs to lose to reach my goal instead of closer to 100. I can live with that. I tabulated how much I'd need to lose in order to reach my goal by December 31, and it came out to about 1.8 lbs a week. Something that is completely doable.

To that end, here's the new goal schedule:

June 17 - 177 lbs (25 lbs lost)
September 26 - 151 (51 lbs lost)
December 31 - goal reached (77 lbs lost)

No comments:

Post a Comment