Friday, August 22, 2014

Working to Get Back on Track

If I'm honest, I was at my healthiest in Costa Rica. Walking every day, eating out only once a week, then eating fresh, healthy food during the rest of the week really helped me slim down. Not nearly as much as I needed to (that dratted sprained ankle really came at a bad time, when I was just gaining momentum), of course.

While we didn't eat out a whole lot more, not walking every day once we got to Mexico and had the use of a car, really made a difference.

Then, throw in a huge amount of stress as we transitioned back to the States for our furlough year as well as a LOT of eating out and sitting in a car traveling for long hours at a time.

Yikes.

So today, after completing 2 miles with Leslie Sansone and a stretchy band, I hopped onto the Wii Fit board for a baseline weight reading. It was not what I wanted to see, of course. Actually, it was the same as it was at last month's doctor's checkup. And following the checkup, we spent 10 days at a camp where we were very well fed, followed by more travel and transition. So, either I gained and then lost weight back to that amount, or I maintained throughout that entire month of irregular eating. Either sounds good to me. Point is, I have a baseline to work down from.

The thing that really annoyed me this morning, however, was the Wii Fit voice. Anyone who has ever weighed in on the Wii fit board (and have pounds to lose) will understand when I complain about that obnoxious little voice that always cries, "Oh!!" when you step on the board. Like you're this enormous 2-ton Goliath instead of a 200-lb woman. It's very insulting and not in the least encouraging. Apparently, her mother never told her that if she didn't have anything nice to say, she shouldn't say anything at all.

Already, I'm missing my digital scale in Mexico. At least it didn't talk back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment