Sunday, March 17, 2013

An Unfortunate Development

Things were chugging along nicely. I was getting up at 5 AM five days a week and walking 2 miles in the park with a friend. I was steadily losing weight. Not at a breakneck speed, but there was progress. I really started feeling great about myself.

And then it happened.

In my obsession to get to the gate at school before it was shut (which would require me to walk the long way home. Good grief), I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and stepped off the edge of the sidewalk. Honestly, it's a miracle I was able to catch myself from crashing into the concrete bench in front of me. In my moment of stupid, sheer clumsiness, I twisted my ankle.

Now, I have a sprained ankle I can't walk on due to stiffness. In my reading, I've seen that it can take weeks before I'm back to normal and am able to walk like I used to. Weeks. Just when things were going so well...

To say that I'm frustrated with myself is an understatement. A gross understatement.

There's not a lot I can do about it. To rush my healing is to risk further injury. More lasting injury. And that's just not worth it.

So, I may have to do what I did a couple years ago. And that's keep track of my daily caloric intake on Myfitnesspal. We'll see. I'd really like to continue losing weight, not losing the ground I've reached.

Maybe that will be a big incentive to keeping track of my calories--something I detest.

No comments:

Post a Comment